Friday, May 30, 2008

Story Corps Interview

On Saturday, May 24 my wife and I went with her maternal grandmother to the Nashville Public Library. They have a Story Corps booth on the second floor. The interview was fascinating and emotional. Maybe they'll play a clip of it on NPR some day. The questions mostly focus on family and life experiences, but I do manage to sneak in a couple sort-of-economics questions in the second half.

I've uploaded the audio in mp3 format. I had to reduce the audio quality and split the file in half in order to make it downloadable without requiring a login. You can listen to part 1 here, and part 2 here. If you have a Fileshack membership you can listen to the full interview in one file here. Be warned, the first two files are around 17 megabytes, and the third (complete) file is around 34 megabytes. They may take a while to download, depending on your connection.